this blog is for you...

...if you too are an aspiring gardener who likes eating, drinking and some silly tales.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Kitchen Bits & Bobs




I don't have many gizmos in my kitchen, not even a dishwasher and certainly not a microwave.  It's fairly spartan, but seems to have served me well so far. Because space (or lack of) is a factor, the gadgets that just clutter cupboards get chucked out. Funny that Arabella Lennox-Boyd's tip for gardening (in January's The English Garden) works equally well in the kitchen: 'if it doesn't work, it doesn't stay'. Hear hear.

From top to bottom: a very old wine bottle repurposed for olive oil; John Leach Salt Piglet (which I use to store whole black peppercorns) and Winchcombe Salt Pig (which I use for hob-side coarse Maldon Sea Salt) both of which you can buy as I did here; just about the heaviest pestle and mortar that I had the good fortune to find at the Yaohan Plaza, before the oriental supermarket relocated to Bayswater (Wing Yip sell mini ones); and my Revel 'wet & dry' grinder, which I could not prep without.

No comments:

Post a Comment