this blog is for you...

...if you too are an aspiring gardener who likes eating, drinking and some silly tales.

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Puppy Bits and Bobs

It is hard waiting for something you really want, so to while away the hours between now and the arrival of Willow, the whippet pup, I am supposed to be digging up tree stumps in my garden. But I am not. Instead I am enjoying any excuse to spend money on items I deem necessary for the puppy's safe arrival.

So here is my breakdown of what I've got, although none of it is particularly practical. The theme is more fun for now, with plenty of natural yarns.


This is the first item I bought Willow, from a lovely shop called Mungo & Maud. It is very easy to spend lots of money there - everything is gorgeous and utterly covetable. I shall be saving £140 for a small dog bed in grey that Willow will be gifted once he has passed his crate training. The rope knot ball is better for him to chew on than my fingers for the 2 hour car journey home.


This squeaky bone in ticking fabric I also purchased at Mungo & Maud. That shop is trouble I tell ya!


And I shouldn't forget the woolly penguin, also bought at...


Well, enough of that. Here's the little fellow's crib. My father keeps referring to it as a prison, but that is ridiculous! The puppy is used to crate training, but we shall be referring to it as 'cot-beddy'. Not a place of punishment but for rest.


The fleece bedding was purchased separately off ebay. It has a waterproof base which is handy although it does crinkle a little, a bit like the beds in Halls at Uni.


I had to get him a little smiley face. This one I picked up at College Farm in the week.


Oh yes, and squeaky piggy!


And a little tyre for his teeth which I picked up at Pet Vet just by Highgate tube along with some biodegradable poop bags. Joy!


Probably the most sensible items purchased besides the poop bags are Fuzz Yard puppy shampoo and conditioner. Not so sensible the prices, each just shy of £20 - more than I tend to spend on my own hair - but I was dazzled by the trillions of Swarovski crystals that embellished just about every item in the Harrods pet shop. Hopefully Fuzz Yard can be found for less, but in their favour the packaging is great, they are not poultry flavoured and shall be kinder on us both being completely organic. I went for aloe vera + lavender.

A nice soft blanket that will then become his towel for walkies. This one is super absorbent and cost £8, again from College Farm.

And last but by no means least, his hot water bottle, bought for him by 'Mummy Sanaz', which is how my sister shall be known to him.

It is a beautiful grey wool, but I am making a temporary cover for it out of Ian Mankin ticking in grey, to see it through the teething months.


The water bottle is handwoven in the UK.








No comments:

Post a Comment